Trademarks Copyrights Patents
Things To Avoid - Explanations You Can Understand
Every year thousands of people are rejected or denied when filing trademarks, copyrights, and patents
on their own or with the help of national do-it-yourself companies.
What to avoid for Trademarks.
- Self-Filing: Your chances of success go way down.
- Websites that offer trademarks for sale via shopping cart.
- Searching for similar marks without the help of a lawyer
- Submitting a trademark you are not using in commerce.
What to avoid for Copyright
- Do it yourself services that help you file.
- Buying a copyright through an online shopping cart.
- Applying for protection before you have established use.
- Missing similar works to yours.
What to avoid for Patents
- Online companies that offer patents for sale via shopping cart.
- Do it yourself services that help you file on your own.
- Websites offering very cheap rates, such as $99. Patents cost $2500 AVG.
- Missing a potential snag in your search for similar patents.
View our detailed descriptions for trademarks, copyrights, and patents for more information on how they work, the type of protection they provide, and the legal fees associated with each. Whether you want to know how long it will take to get one, or the fees that will be associated, you will be able to learn more about the process and have all your questions answered.